Items and information that may be of use or interest to a ship modeler
- Copper sheathing - Copper sheathing a hull using self-adhesive copper tape
- Framing - A Plank-on-Frame Technique - The Hahn Method
(See below for 'Planking')
A task common to many models is planking. This could be either deck planking or hull planking, each having its own challenges and differing techniques.
- Hull Planking Tutorial - An article written by Keith Harris and edited by Wayne Tripp
- Deck Planking Guide - An article by Ulises Victoria describing various plank layouts
- Deck Planking spreadsheet - Mark out and lay planking in accordance with the above article
Considering matters electrical? These articles might be of interest:
Power Supplies and Lighting
One subject that usually crops up is the question of scale and scale conversions.
The following may help:
- Model Scale Converssion - An explanation of how scales are calculated
- Copier Scaling Programmme - How to set up a photo copier to re-scale your plans
- Re-scaling plans - How to convert your plans to a different scale using Acrobat
- Scale conversion spreadsheet - Convert between scales and various units of measurement
- Scale Conversions - Convert between scales giving Metric, Imperial (decimal and fractional) dimensions
When rigging a sailing ship model, there are various sections of the standing rigging that were 'Served'.